On Sunday morning (16 Jan 2011) while attending a local congregation, the Lord spoke to me concerning the Church. This refers to you and me who declare that we are the children of God and therefore claim that we are also the Bride of Christ.
The local pastor was speaking about the fact that a number of people from this congregation requested/required marital counseling – but they rarely attended a church service. In my personal life and experience, I can truly testify that if it was not for the love of our Lord Jesus Christ and the fact that both myself and my wife attended church on a regular basis, we would not have made it through the stormy waters of our marriage at that stage. We would have ended up as another divorce statistic. Praise the Lord for His mercy and protection and wisdom and that He guided us when most needed and He still does it every day – even if we don’t notice it.
What the Lord laid upon my heart was the scripture where the people of Israel were accused of terrible sin: It is about the story of Elijah after he had killed the 450 prophets of Baal at Carmel. The statement that Elijah made to God is in fact an impeachment towards the people of Israel, which will resound many years later when the Lord Jesus spoke to them again – and to us today through His Word:
1Ki 19:10 He (Elijah) said, “I have been very jealous for the LORD, the God of hosts. For the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away.”
What came to mind was the fact that nothing much has changed since then. Quite a number of people who declare themselves as children of the Lord of Hosts, being born-again and full of faith are nothing better off than the people of Israel in those days who killed the prophets send by God: Here are the facts:
- They ignore the most important Covenant that God has given us through the blood of Jesus Christ or manipulate (falsify) it to serve their own purposes;
- They don’t understand that through this New Covenant we receive the righteousness of Jesus Christ (being blameless and innocent) through the Grace of God and the new birth (both water and spirit) and through faith in Christ and NOT THROUGH OUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS TO KEEP THE LAW:
- Rom 3:24 By his grace they are justified freely through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
- Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our offenses, according to the riches of God’s grace
- 1 Pet 1:3-5 According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ …………..
- Continue reading Prophecy to the Church