The Lord is our shelter that means hope, (place of) refuge, trust. The word shelter means: “the condition of being protected or kept safe, eg from rain, danger or attack; to prevent from having to face a difficult or unpleasant situation; kept away from or not exposed to unpleasant circumstances, harmful influences, or the normal difficulties of life” – Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary.
The Lord is our Shelter because He:
• Protects us from the enemy (Psa 61:3)
• Will give us water so that we never be thirsty if we drinketh the water that shall be in us a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (Joh 4:14)
• Needs our full trust, and to do good, (Psa 37:3)
• Is our strength, fortress, and refuge in the day of affliction (Jer 16:19)
• Will take your yoke upon Him, for His yoke is easy, and his burden is light. (Mat 11:30)
• Wants us to enter into our closet, and when we shut the door pray to Him in secret (Intimacy with HIM)(Mat 6:6)
• Wants us to spread the Word (Mat 13:10) so that others can know this Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isa 9:6)
He gives you peace, joy, love, hope, strength, and many more promises as mentioned in God’s Word (Bible).
Therefore, make God your shelter for life!