I would like us to build upon yesterday’s theme of power. Remember, all negative emotions come from a sense of powerlessness.
Today, particularly, it’s on my heart to fast from thoughts of anxiety where finances are concerned. When you feel powerless to get out of financial trouble, it will lead to anxiety, uncertainty, and worry.
I read in the paper today that crisis hotlines and therapists are being flooded by the surge in anxiety over finances. Studies show a strong connection between financial distress and emotional stress, depression, insomnia, migraines, and increased suicidal thoughts. Perhaps the economic downturn hasn’t affected you–praise God if that’s the case. However, thousands of people are asking us what to do.
Well, today we are going to fast from anxious thoughts about money. How?
1. Identify the specific things making you anxious. Write them down. Pray – giving them over to God.
2. Believe there is a solution to whatever financial challenge you are facing. BELIEVE there is a way out. You have to start by thinking this. Faith finds a way. There is a way!
3. Ask God for wisdom. (James 1:5) The Bible also says that wisdom is MORE VALUABLE THAN silver and gold.
(Proverbs 8:11, Proverbs 3:15)
4. Meditate on the people of scripture who God provided for. In Psalm 37:25 David said, “I was young, but now I am old, and I have NEVER seen the righteous forsaken or His children begging for bread.” Also, Genesis 24:1 which says “and the Lord blessed Abraham in ALL THINGS.” Expect this blessing in all things in your life. Why? Because you are the seed of Abraham! (Galatians 3:29)
5. ASK GOD TO PROSPER YOU. Folks, we have not because we ask not. (James 4:1-2) Ask specifically for God to prosper you. Psalm 118:25 says, “O Lord, I beseech You, send prosperity now.”
6. Be covenant-minded. A covenant is an agreement between 2 parties that says everything either has, is available to the other person. God has more than enough! And He says, “All that is Mine, is yours!” (Luke 15:31) Fill your mind with this covenant-thinking. You have a covenant with God. He swore in His blood that He would provide for you. 2 Corinthians 9:8 says, “God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.”
7. Continually think: “I have the power to get wealth.” Deuteronomy 8:17 says, “It is He that gives you the power to get wealth, SO THAT He may establish His covenant in the earth.” Notice the PURPOSE of the POWER is to establish God’s covenant in the earth. When that is your motive, great things are going to happen in your life. Again remember, powerlessness leads to anxiety. But as we replace these anxious thoughts with the truth that WE HAVE THE POWER TO GET WEALTH, anxiety, stress and fear, are going to leave, and the power of God in us, will lead us to financial abundance.
8. Focus on God’s Kingdom and His purposes. Matthew 6:33 says, “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you!”
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I surrender my specific anxious thoughts to God. I believe there is a solution to my financial challenge. I am convinced that there is a way out.
I receive the wisdom of God, and expect that wisdom to empower me more than silver or gold. God provided abundantly for David and Abraham. Therefore He will do so for me, because I am of the seed of Abraham. I will never need to beg, because God will provide.
I ask God to send prosperity, and I expect that He will. God will generously provide all that I need.
I choose to be covenant-minded, always expecting God, as my covenant partner, to find a way to get blessing in my hands.
I have been given, by God, the power to get wealth. That power is in me; therefore I’m free from anxiety, worry and fear. I don’t have to add blessing to my life. It will follow me, as I focus on God and His kingdom!
In His love,