Jump back to part 1
Before I continue with the second part of this open letter to the Church, I want to emphasize the following issues to bring us on the same page of understanding that the Body of Christ is in critical need of a complete clean up:
- When I reveal the false teachings some churches/groups proclaim, I am not attacking them (the individuals and leaders) with a critical spirit. I am merely revealing the truth according to the Word of God and YES I am attacking the false teachings because the very salvation of people’s lives is at stake here.
- Paul wrote: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2Ti 3:16-17)
- Even the past week it came to my attention of an article written by Paul L. Williams (Phd) entitled Koran in the Pews : “This weekend (November 13, 2010), the Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church in Houston along with Christian communities in Atlanta, Seattle, and Detroit will initiate a series of sermons that have been designed to produce an ecumenical reconciliation between Christianity and Islam. In addition to the sermons, the Sunday school lessons will center on the inspired teachings of the Prophet Mohammad. Korans will be placed in the pews next to Bibles. The concept of ‘Chrislam,’ now embraced by such preachers as Rick Warren and Robert Schuller. The ‘Chrislam’ movement has gained impetus by statements from President George Bush that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God, and by Rick Warren’s reference to Isa (the Muslim name for Jesus) in his prayer at the inauguration of President Barrack Obama.”
- Where will this all end? We will end up even worse as in the days when the Roman Catholic Church (as a State Church) was established between the true Christian faith and the idol worshipping believes of the heathen nations. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is unique in itself and not compatible or similar with any other religion in this world.
- I am getting sick and tired of this tendency in congregations/ via individual ministries / via Face Book groups and other media where people would proclaim prophecies to be from God and where it is nothing less than “spiritual horoscopes” and “gibberish” on a daily basis;
- Maybe you are thinking: “Couldn’t you have said that with a little bit more respect and compassion?” – Well, to be honest: Yes, that is the respectful version of this answer!
- I will no longer be quiet and see how false prophesies mislead people to destruction and disrupts the flow of the Spirit of God.
- Due to all of these so called “prophets” across the world that speak for God and say: “Thus saith the Lord…….” while the Lord has not even opened up His mouth, will end up where God will say nothing anymore until the Church starts to eliminate these false voices from its cadres.
- Only then will He start speaking to the Church and His true prophets again. Even if it takes 400 years to achieve it. The Church desperately needs the Spirit of discernment to identify all false “gifts” and teachings that are not in alignment to the Word of God!
- Do you know that people (even children of God) can go for Indian head massages where they drip hot oil on your forehead in order to open up your “third eye”? That helps them to see in the spiritual dimension and they can give you a spiritual message – which is NOT from the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior but it’s very foundation is demonic! Beware !!!!
- “We are playing church. We are so busy trying to be relevant to the world that we have become just like the world. AND the world is not impressed – Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
Although I do receive some prophetic words for individuals as well as for the Church in general from the Lord Jesus Christ, I would never call myself “a prophet” as most people call themselves these days. It seems to be a trend (and status) in the church today and many follow the “prophets/messenger” and not the One who gives the message;
Maybe the usage of the word “prophecy” in the title of this letter is wrong because I sense it is more a word – a warning and maybe an accusation towards the members of the body of Christ. But I have used it deliberately because I know quite a number of people are following/ searching every bit of scraps of prophecies to bring fulfillment and peace in their lives – and to soothe their ears.
The main focus point from what the Lord has laid upon my heart was actually the second part of this scripture as dealt with in Part 1, where Elijah accused the people of Israel for killing all the prophets send by God.
I know that not all pastors and prophets are send from God – the Bible teaches us in the last days there will be many false prophets and teachers and we have seen true Bible scholars depart from the truth in order to follow a false ideology. I have also seen people fall for everything (new theologies/doctrines) because they don’t have the real truth of Jesus Christ as foundation to stand on. (“If you don’t stand for anything you will fall for everything”)
But I have seen and experienced the same trend across churches that the people who proclaim to be real children of God, are still killing off the true prophets and teachers of the Lord through their attitudes and behavior. They are killing the voice of Truth from God because the Word is hard to hear and to accept.
The Church (or should I say the religious spirit in people) is slowly but surely killing the true prophets and teachers of the Lord by:
- Being rebellious:
- For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king. (1Sa 15:23)
- Ignoring the Word of God being preached to them on a weekly basis;
- Not responding to the calls and warnings of the true prophets and teachers – and then you have to go back and do the restoration in their lives;
- Not being open and honest with their leaders and therefore create an atmosphere of division and discord;
- A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.(Pro 6:19)
- Just to expound on this verse more: A false witness that speak lies (being a hypocrite included) is the sixth aspect that the LORD hates and sowing discord (number 7 -bringing division and conflict) is an abomination before Him; (Pro 6:16)
- Wearing out the leaders of the church by being “high maintenance” members of the congregation;
- Not regularly attending church services and therefore they remain immature in the Spirit.
Taking the above in consideration, the writer of the Book of Hebrews identified the following problem areas which are still resounding to the children of God today (Heb 5:11-14):
- They have become dull of hearing;
- They should have been teachers by now, but still require that someone teach them and pray for them (high maintenance people);
- They are only capable of hearing the basic Word of God and cannot handle the solid spiritual Word of Faith – and therefore cannot operate in the gifts of the Spirit;
- They are immature in the word of righteousness and do not have the power to discern by constant practice and to be able to distinguish good from evil.
This is exactly the problem with the Church of today:
- She has lost her power of discernment through the Holy Spirit
- All sorts of false ideologies and gimmicks has infiltrated the Body of Christ;
- As the Lord has revealed it to me a few years ago: The Trojan Horse is IN the Church;
Even the Lord Jesus Christ addressed this issue during His ministry and was very serious about this subject. While He was speaking to the Pharisees and lawyers, etc, He spoke the following words:
“Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres. Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; (Luk 11:47 – 50 KJV)
The Apostle Paul also referred to this matter to the Thessalonians:
For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: (1Th 2:14-15)
This is a very important matter; that if you are a member of a local church, then you should seriously reconsider your attitude and behavior towards your pastor and leader in Christ.
You do not want to stand accused of being responsible or having any part in the “killing” of your pastor or his ministry. Don’t be responsible for wearing out the pastor or any of the designated leaders appointed by the pastor in the local congregation.
Rather submit to the authority (5-fold ministry) being placed over you by God and support, obey in love and work hand in hand in a spirit of unity. Listen to the Word of God and obey, be transformed and progress by living your life victorious and in faith. Invite people to receive the same blessings as you do and be a valued member, be a pillar of support for your local church and not a burden. Pray earnestly for your leaders, even if you see they are allowing things not according to the Word. Keep on praying until the Lord will show them the true way to follow.
If the Lord has given you a specific ministry, gift or talent then you should utilize each one to the Glory of the Lord Jesus and also IN the local congregation firstly and secondly wherever you work/ stay. Don’t leave the church/local congregation in order to pursue your own “ministry” except in the case where the Lord is really guiding you to another place. Maybe you need to go back and ask for forgiveness from your previous leaders because of your lack of support (or any of the above issues) before the Lord will progress you to a higher calling?
You can always recognize a true man/woman of God by the following criteria:
- Firstly, if they have a humble spirit and can submit to authority;
- This means that each one of us, even if you are the pastor or prophet or evangelist, or have a gift of healing or can raise the dead, you must be willing to submit to one another – because we are all part of the Body of Christ!
- Each one of us must be open for correction and reproof IF it is coming via another brother/sister from the Lord;
- The fruit of the Spirit is evidence of a transformed life through Christ.
Beware of the Teachers; Prophets and Pastors when:
- They do not stand under any authority of the Body of Christ or the 5-fold ministry;
- Where they proclaim they stand alone and only under the authority of Jesus Christ – which is doubtful because if they cannot stand under the authority of a man (whom they can see) appointed by God; how will they stand solely under the authority of God – whom they don’t see? This leaves room wide open for Satan to influence such a leader with all sorts of counterfeit theologies and separatism; (God will never call you out from the Body of Christ to operate on your own).
- People are so fond to give you a “word from God” when their own lives are not a testimony of faith in God.
I see the Church is so ready to receive the Anti-Christ with open arms that it is scary to even think about it. People are running after gimmicks and miracles in churches across the World of which some are quite doubtful and most others a poor counterfeit of the true miracle working Spirit of God – not even to speak about the spirit of prosperity (mammon) that has been released in the Church.
But we have a true Gospel – the Good News – of Jesus Christ so full in power and love and grace from God that Paul wrote to the church in Rome:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written: The just shall live by faith. (Rom 1:16-17)
According to the Word of God, there is also a downside of the Good News:
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; (Rom 1:18)
Once again, it is your choice where you want to be:
- Under the Grace of God; or
- Facing His wrath against all ungodliness and unrighteousness
Choose wisely! Choose Jesus Christ in all Truth and Wisdom!
Be blessed in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord.