One of the rules of the world’s house that we must fast from is our dependence upon people.
Remember, the word “economy” means “rules of the house.”
we are either living by the world’s “rules of the house” or by God’s.
One of the rules of the world’s house is that we must fast from is our dependence upon people.
We need one another to complete the purpose of God in the world, but we don’t need to depend on other people coming through for us for our needs.
Let’s fast from the thought of depending on others to provide for us.
1. God will provide. Philippians 4:19 says He provides all our needs according to His riches and glory. Renew your mind to the fact that He provides for ALL our needs, not just finances.
2. Dependence upon others is NOT humility, it’s misplaced trust. Psalm 43:5 says, “Why so downcast, O my soul? Put your hope in God.” David is saying that when we put our hope in people, in government, in the world’s ‘rules of the house,’ we will wind up depressed and downcast. Shift your trust and hope to God. Trust that He will direct your path.
3. Meditate on Romans 5:5 …’Hope does not disappoint (let you down) BECAUSE the love of God has been shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.’ There is a hope that will never disappoint you—Hope in God’s promise and provision.
4. Realize that over-dependency upon others keeps you from loving them. When you depend on someone doing for you, providing for you, coming through for you, you can’t love. Therefore you can’t succeed, because love never fails. You can’t love them, because you need them too much. Love gives. Love doesn’t wait for others to give.
5. Stop striving to get the things you need. God wants to provide for YOU! Realize God humbles you by FEEDING YOU. Deuteronomy 8:2 says “He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know…”
6. Don’t trust the provision, trust the provider. Deuteronomy 8:3a says “…that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone…”
7. USE THE WORD to REALLY LIVE! Deuteronomy 8:3 b. “…but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.”
THINK IT & SAY IT:
God will provide for ALL MY NEEDS. I live by God’s ECONOMY—the rules of His house.
I free myself from dependence upon others, and I will depend on God, empowering me to love others freely. My trust and hope is in God. And THAT hope will never let me down, because God’s love is in me, and He will never disappoint me.
I stop fighting to get the things I need. I believe God wants to provide for me. He will feed me and I choose to receive it and fully accept His help.
I will not put my trust in what I have, but in the One who provides. My every need comes from every Word that comes from the mouth of God, in Jesus’ Name!