This is Part 2 of the series – click here for part 1
It was with total astonishment that I heard last night the Minister of Transport has called a national day of prayer on Friday, 18 November 2011 to pray for the safe travelling of all people over the festive season in South Africa.
Praise the Lord that He is raising people up in the ANC government who will acknowledge the fact that they DO NEED the wisdom and authority of Jesus Christ over this country and their government structures. One of these days they will open Parliament with scripture and prayer again. Don’t be misled, I have met many people across the nations who are born again children of God and they are making a
difference in their communities and work places.
Prayer for the people of South Africa:
Father, we come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Thank you that we may draw near to the throne of grace with confidence, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- You are our Almighty God & Father, that You have vested all rule and power in Jesus Christ;
- That we also function in the same power, authority and rule because we are clothed with Christ through baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ ( Gal 3:27)
- The redemption offer of Christ on the Cross is final and absolutely perfect to provide complete salvation and true forgiveness of sins through the righteousness of Jesus Christ for each person who accepts Him as Lord and Savior.
We have to confess:
The Body of Christ is divided and the false teachings functioning in the Church hamper the gift of discerning of spirits in such a manner that it makes all the gifts of the Holy Spirit powerless. We discern that the enemy has become arrogant in his behavior due to the fact that the Body of Christ has only the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.
Lord Jesus, pour out your true Spirit over the Church again so that all seeds of deceitfulness and personal agendas be destroyed by Your power.
We confess that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore:
- We take up the whole armor of God so that we may be able to take a stand through the power and authority of Jesus Christ;
- The righteousness of Jesus Christ protects us like a breastplate and we fasten Him as a belt of truth around our waist beacuse He is the Way and the Truth and the Life
- Our feet are covered with the shoes of readiness to proclaim the gospel of peace to all nations;
- And while the helmet of Salvation protects our minds and thoughts, we lift up the shield of faith which will put out all the flaming arrows of the evil one and the power of deceit and false teachings will not penetrate our minds or heart. ( Eph 6:12 -17)
In the mighty Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with an exposed Sword of the Spirit (the Word), we come
in opposition against:
- The evil spirits and powers in the heavenlies and against all rule of Satan which he had deposited over the people of South Africa and our land and we cancel and cut off each curse and negative divination and prophecy – especially the one of Siener van Rensburg relevant to the night of the long knifes – that was spoken over the land of South Africa;
- All false teachings and strategies that are directed to steal, slaugher and destroy the children of God;
We pray for all church leaders today:
- Father, we meet with you at this moment in time on behalf of all church leaders and labourers in the harvest and we know that it is your purpose and intention to bless each one. In the Name of Jesus Christ we break and destroy all strongholds of satan in the lives of our church leaders:
- That all deceitfulness, temptations, false doctrines and halve truths and other strategies which has the purpose to deny the children of God from His grace, will have no power anymore;
- The religous spirit, traditions, false prophecies and gimmicks that rule in the Church to cover up the non-existence of the true Spirit and Power of God;
- The spirit of pride, spiritual arrogance, self righteousness, rebellious spirit, the love of money and racial hate which do not testify of the new life and love of Christ
- Remove the covering over their eyes and ears to see and hear anew your voice, that they will truly understand your plan of
Grace according to your Gospel and also proclaim it with a new anointing;
- Restore the integrity of the 5-fold ministry according to your Word and in the full power of the Holy Spirit;
- We also pray for the restoration of our leaders who are tired and burned out and where the circumstances in their ministry
has become unbearable and remove all uncertainty and fear.
- We pray for our leaders and the ones who deal regularly with counselling of others, to clear their ears, minds and thoughts
of all negativeness and temptations;
- Embrace each leader in a new relationship with your Holy Spirit while you allow your power and love to flow and saturate
Lord Jesus, we also pray for:
- Our country and government and leaders on all levels and departments that they will come to salvation;
- Our enemies and that we will love them as you do. We admit that it is not an easy task to do, but with your love in us, we are able to accomplise this;
- That we will all prosper in this land that you have given to a multitude of nations;
- That we will not follow foreign prophetic words but we will rather deepen our relationship with You and hear directly
what your purpose is for us and our land.
We will continue to pray until we receive a breakthrough and our prayers are strengthened by the completed work of Christ on the Cross. Amen.