Although we acknowledge the fact the Church should put out as many men and women in the harvest field as workers because of the times, it is quite shocking to find how many Bible Schools are sending people out as “Pastors”, being ill-equipped with Biblical knowledge and understanding and some not even called for this level of ministry. With this in mind and from personal experience in the field, our vision is to:
- Produce relevant up to date theological and Biblical training material and practices of exceptional high standards;
- Teach with insight and understanding and to instil a spirit of learning and yearning after the truth of God’s Word;
- Equip and empower the potential leaders with Biblical knowledge and leadership skills.
- Teach and lead them into a personal relationship of faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ;
- Create /establish a platform for radical discipleship and ministry in the field;
- Ensure that each student understands the value and importance of the ministry and to live a life of integrity according to a Code of Ethics in the ministry.
Binah Advanced Bible College firmly believes in the following scripture:
- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2Ti 3:16-17 KJV)
The Word commands us to make disciples and not pastors, prophets or doctors in Theology. Although it is not entirely wrong, the focus of the church should be right and our activities aligned with the focus. People should be trained to be disciples first and foremost and it is God’s prerogative to call them to a “higher office” – to be part of the 5-fold ministry. Thereafter we should be able and available to train and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills. Training and knowledge goes hand in hand with the calling to the ministry, in the same sense that the Apostles/disciples had at least a 3 year period of training under the Master Himself.
The establishment of this Bible College was done purely because of the need that exists for the deeper knowledge of the Word of God, therefore the focus will also be on the personal and advanced level of equipping and teaching. All program leaders on staff have vast experience in the ministry and they bring a richness of knowledge, insight and experience to the table through the lectures and personal facilitation sessions.
All course programs (Certificate; Diploma; B.Th.-degree and up to Doctorate) are accredited through Therapon University in the USA. Therapon University passed the accrediting test of one of the fastest growing accrediting agencies in the country – the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions (A.A.A.T.I). The principle of accreditation is to:
- Certify that a training college has met the established quality standards;
- Assist prospective students in identifying authentic institutions which offer degree programs that will meet their needs and goals;
- Allow institutions to evaluate the acceptability of transfer credits into their own curriculum programs.
In South Africa, the accreditation of Bible Colleges is a voluntary process with accreditation granted by private and non-governmental agencies. Our accreditation with Therapon University is a religious and voluntaryaccreditation, rather than mandatory since the people who work in the ministry field do not require a government accredited degree or from a secular institution. This non-recognition may have some implications that include, but are not limited to:
- This accreditation could not be accepted by some secular organizations, as A.A.A.T.I. is not recognized by the U.S. or South African Department of Education or SAQA as one of the official accrediting agencies.
- Therapon University and Binah Advanced Bible College is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees in other postsecondary institutions, except those also accredited by A.A.A.T.I.
- Corporations are not required to recognize degrees from Therapon University.
- Therapon University is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees for employment.
Our curriculum will exceed the requirements established by many private, independent and professional associations. Various accredited Christian Universities and Bible colleges throughout South Africa and even the USA may accept transfer students, credits and degrees from Therapon University. However, the transferability of credits earned at BinaH Advanced Bible College through Therapon University and transferred to another institution, is at the discretion of the receiving institution.