“On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have set watchmen; all the day and all the night they shall never be silent. You who put the LORD in remembrance, take no rest, and give him no rest until he establishes Jerusalem and makes it a praise in the earth.” (Isa 62:6-7 ESV)
“Go through, go through the gates; prepare the way for the people; build up, build up the highway; clear it of stones; lift up a signal over the peoples”. (Isa 62:10 ESV)
First of all I want to make it quite clear that I do believe in the 9-gifts of the Spirit and especially in the prophetic ministry and the Lord has used me many times to give someone a word of encouragement, correction and also to discern where pain, thoughts of suicide, trauma, the wrong attitude, etc. exists in people’s lives.
I have personally experienced other pastors who do not proclaim themselves as to be “prophets”, but they would reveal through the gift of prophecy /discernment the hidden secrets of people’s hearts and then open it up in love for the Lord to bring healing and restoration. These pastors do not generalise about “someone in this building has got high blood pressure”, but would rather pinpoint the specific person that the Lord has revealed to them. In any case, in a church group of 50 people, you would find at least 2 to 3 people with high blood pressure, especially if they are overweight. That is common knowledge and not part of the prophetic gifting. So, with this in mind, I am fully aware of the functioning of the gift of prophecy and even the “office of the Prophet”, as it is not something new to me. And I still do believe the Church has many more such pastors and prophets and apostles and evangelists and teachers, who do not care about titles or status, but who walk and talk in Spirit and in Truth!
Recently I have noticed some friends of mine on Facebook would post a specific scripture and then write something (short message or insight on the scripture) or a personal prayer that the Lord has laid upon their hearts for all their friends as for a daily inspiration purpose, etc. There is no problem in doing so and I think it is great when people are so open and free about their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Saviour and by sharing the Word of God.But I do have a major concern about the “daily prophecies” being circulated on Facebook and other internet pages.
Especially where they use the phrase: “…so says the Lord!” That makes it a direct prophecy from God and it implies that He has spoken these words (daily?) and has linked His character and faithfulness to it!
About 5 – 7 years ago my sister in law started to send out prophetic messages that she received from a website or organisation that she registered with. At first I thought this is nice and yes, it clearly also spoke to me as myself, our family and even the local church have been going through some tough times and we were hungry for a word from the Lord or some affirmation to just keep on going. But after three or four weeks, these prophecies that she circulated started to bother me. When I questioned myself (my attitude and behaviour) and the validity of these prophecies, it immediately brought forth a disturbing emotion in my spirit and it did not feel right anymore. The Spirit of the Lord revealed to me that this “daily prophecies” are in the same manner as what the world refer to as the “daily/ weekly horoscopes” – where people would read and follow these “prophecies” from “clairvoyants of the world” as to what they may expect to happen in the following week or even day. The only difference is that it is not linked to your “birth star” as in the horoscopes, but it is linked to your “birth right” – being born again through the Blood of Jesus Christ! It is aimed at you and to deceive, mislead and even destroy you. “The thief comes only to steal, slaughter, and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly. (Joh 10:10 – ISV), and Satan (thief) will use ANY method available to achieve his goals.
Satan is not going to knock on your door and pick a fight! No! He will come in – rather infiltrate – portray himself as a friend (like a wolf in sheep’s clothes) and then subtly bring the fight from within the stronghold. Just like the Trojan Horse and while the Church is caught sleeping after all the celebrations of hearing the “good news syndrome prophecies” of prosperity and abundance to come.
Even the past Sunday we heard another pastor (Past Danie Slabbert) proclaim that it is now the year 5773 of Israel and it means “the year of the Camel”. It is apparently derived from the “year of Ayin Gimel (73)”. Gimel is the third letter of the Hebrew alphabet as well as the number 3, and originally pictured a camel. (According to the book Arithmetic of God by Don Kistler, the number three refers to Jesus Christ!)
But according to his prophecy, the year of the camel – running with the Jewish calender to Sept 2013, surely will be the year of abundance. “The camels do have your addresses and banking details” and it will deliver all the blessings from God upon His church. Even your children will get saved and their husbands/wife will come in the Kingdom of God. He also included the business men on the deal to receive in abundance! Yes, he prophesied it to be the truth and the congregation went wild with joy! But it seems he got his “prophecy insight” from another website – and that from Chuck Pierce. The prophets are copying each other’s “word of prophecy”, but what does the Word of God say about this:
- Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour. (Jer 23:30 KJV)
- The translation from the MESSAGE: “I’ve had it with the ‘prophets’ who get all their sermons secondhand from each other.
This reminds me of the old joke about the people who would phone the TV Weather channel and ask them if “this winter will be cold or not”. Then on the other side of life, the Indians would come to their Chief and ask the same question. The Chief would sneak into his tent and look at the weather channel on his TV to find out what is happening, but could not find the answer yet. Seeing that he did not want to act stupid in front of his followers, he said to them they should go and chop some wood for the winter. Better to keep them busy. This process continued for a while until the TV channel revealed that this winter will be much colder than any other winter – as the Indians have been chopping wood for a few months already! So, where are you getting your information from? The local website on Google or straight from God through His Spirit? Which one would you prefer?
On this website of Chuck Pierce, they are proclaiming the following:
- “The Camels are Coming – A Year to Bridge the Past and the Future and Move from Recovery to Wholeness!
- This is a year that we will be looking for the camels to come! This is a time to keep your feet moving and go beyond where you have been in the past, until you drink and eat of the produce of your promise! The Kingdom of God will become the greatest influence in the earth realm.
- See the Camels Coming to Bring the Rewards and Reimbursements for Our Sorrows!
- Find Our Way of Escape from the Past!
- Cross the Bridge of the Past and Enter the Glory of the Future!
- Neutralize the Enemy’s Power, Recover Lost Strength, and Nourish Us into WHOLENESS!
- See the Priesthood for this Hour Blossom!
- Grow Up and Mature into One New Man!”
1. Why do we need the camels to come and bring the rewards and reimbursements for our sorrows?
- Did Jesus Christ not die and took our sin and sorrows upon Him?
- Psa 32:10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.
- Isa 53:4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
2. Why do we need to find “ Our Way of Escape from the Past! Cross the Bridge of the Past and Enter the Glory of the Future!”
- When we are clothed in Christ through baptism – we are a new creation. There is no more past to escape from. God already took it away?
- There is no bridge to cross – it is unscriptural! We are saved by grace and through the blood of Jesus Christ!
- To enter what Glory of what future? There is no such scripture or promise except what we already do have in Christ through His Spirit!
- “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. (2Co 3:17-18 ESV)
3. I can still raise a couple of questions more – but I think you are getting the drift! I would rather be different and in Christ than to follow MAN and the main stream of false hope and prophecies. And thousands of people are following this utter rubbish and even paying money for it!
Remember the word “prophecy” is not only a Biblical word, but the meaning also refer to the following aspects:
And these aspects above clearly refer to “witchcraft”. The Bible is quite clear about “predicting the future” or “calling upon the dead” for a message and there are even equal in number the warnings about the false prophets.
So, I am calling upon the Pastors and preachers and people operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit! Are you functioning in the gifts as a result of the divine input from God, or are you busy with witchcraft, or New Age, or Humanism? If you have the fruit (of deception) then you will have the root as well.
Please share this information with your family, friends, fellow children of God and even your pastor, as you continue to follow this teaching. Part 4 of this teaching will follow in due course.