Today we are fasting from the thought that says: “If I forgive, I’ll be taken advantage of.”
It is very tempting to give into this false belief, but don’t give into that thinking. Forgiveness doesn’t mean tolerance. If someone is hurting you, you don’t remain a punching bag for their mistreatment.
If you’ve been abused, you don’t continue accepting it. Get in a safe place.
But, all of us need to trust God, regardless of what has been done to us.
1. Remember Joseph–thrown into the pit by his brothers; then sold into slavery. Bitterness could have eaten him alive, and would have, but he had something BETTER going for him.
2. Believe God is with you in your situation. Genesis 39:2 said HE PROSPERED BECAUSE GOD WAS WITH HIM.
3. Prosperity is about: who is with you. Joseph prospered because GOD WAS WITH HIM. David prospered because God was with him. Psalm 27:3 says, “though an army encamp against me, I will not fear…” Why? Because Psalm 118:6 says, “The Lord is on my side, therefore I will not fear what man can do to me.” God is with you and He is on your side.
4. Believe that NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU CAN PROSPER. (Isaiah 54:17) This is why most people struggle with forgiving others. They think that what that person did can truly hurt them. Yet the Bible says, “NOTHING SHALL BY ANY MEANS HURT YOU. (Luke 10:19)
5. Declare with Joseph: “You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good”. I love those 2 words in the scripture: BUT GOD. You see, no matter what they did to Joseph: BUT GOD. No matter what the devil tries to do to you: BUT GOD. No matter what mistakes have been made by you or against you: BUT GOD. See God as the INTERRUPTER of people’s sins against you. He is the interrupter of the devil’s plots against you.
6. EVEN IF MAN DECIDES to hurt you or rob you of the best part of your life, nothing can prevail against what God has destined for those who love Him—Romans 8:28, 1 Corinthians 2:9. FORGIVENESS releases God’s power to convert even the most sinister plots against you into good. JOSEPH BECAME 2nd in command to Pharaoh, saving the world from famine—because He forgave.
7. Believe that forgiveness, though it can’t change the past, will open up an incredible future.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I have something better going for me, than what others have done to me. God is with me. I will prosper because He is with me. He is on my side; therefore no weapon formed against me shall prosper.
What others have done to me has no power over me or my future. My future is determined by my choices, including my choice to forgive. I expect open doors and incredible future.
What others have done to me cannot hurt me. Nothing shall by any means hurt me. What they meant against me, God turns around for my good. I expect God to interrupt all plots, weapons and sins against me.
Through forgiveness, I release God’s power to convert all wrong against me, into good. I believe that my attitude and action of forgiveness will open up an incredible future for me, in Jesus’ name!”