Paul writes to the church in Rome and he gives guidance and advice on how to live in Christ. He also deals with some important stuff in the beginning of his letter to the church in Rome, such as:
- The sin of being lesbian and gay;
- That everybody has sinned due to our lineage from Adam and Eve;
- But we find righteousness in Christ through the Grace of God;
- He also distinguishes between Law and Grace, and
- Even had to defend his role as Apostle in the service of God.
At the end of his letter – he makes a statement (Rom 15:29):
- “And I am sure that, when I come unto you,”
- When Paul writes these words, it speaks of his faith in Christ and His Gospel;
- He speaks from a point of experience in Christ;
- He speaks of FULLNESS – that it is more than enough, overflowing, etc.
- “I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.”
Who wants the Fullness of the blessing from the Gospel?And what exactly is the fullness of the Gospel? Is it something specific? Can you touch or taste it? Is it kind of materialistic or only spiritual? Is this meant for you or not?
The Word of God is full of blessings because it is the main purpose of our Father to bless His children:
- To Isaac – ” Fear not, for I am with you and will bless you and multiply your offspring for my servant Abraham’s sake.” (Gen 26:24)
- To Israel – “The LORD will open to you his good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands. And you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.” (Deu 28:12)
The word “blessing” appears more in the Old Testament and these blessings were usually more materialistic of kind, such as:
- Harvest of the fields;
- Fruit of your loins;
- Increase of your livestock;
- But also: Protection from enemies, which even included having peace from them.
- He is the fulfillment of all blessings from God!
- ” Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, (Eph. 1:3)
Christ IS the ultimate and greatest blessing that mankind can receive from God:
- Through His stripes = you are healed;
- By His blood = your sins are forgiven; and you are redeemed from the curse of the LAW;
- Through His power & authority = we are victorious over sin and fear;
- Through His name = we have protection and do not receive a spirit of fear;
- Through His name = demons have to flee;
- In Him = we have the Yea and the Amen on each promise;
- In Him = we have the power to be called the sons of God;
- In Him = We are blessed for evermore;
- Because He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!
Jesus Christ even spelled out His blessing in the beginning of His ministry. He said:
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”(Luk 4:18)
This message is still relevant through all the decades, it is still necessary, it is still powerful and on top of all, it is still available for you today! The Gospel of Christ has the full power from God for salvation and everything else you need today! Seek the full power of the Gospel, because it has the full potential and blessing to change your life – forever! It makes you a new creation and get rid of all the baggage – the old stuff that hinders, binds, shames and condemns.
Don’t be a victim or slave of your past!
Be victorious in your future!
It starts today!
Make the right choice!
Mankind is so focused on the material side of things. The “put your money where your mouth is” scenario’s. Some churches unfortunately also preach “put your money where your faith is…” ??? But God did not intend for you to run after gimmicks and false prophets who proclaim the blessings and promises from the Word of God as if the Lord has spoken it right now over your life. That is not true because God will give you a fresh word of prophecy and not repeat His Word, because it is already written and you can just go and read it, believe it and receive it according to His will. Beware of false blessings via the prophets of today!
You already have the recipe to receive the full blessing from the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Its is plain and simple:
- Repent and be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38 and other scriptures)
- You are then an heir of the King of kings!
- The Estate has been settled and paid out – Take up your share!
- Gal; 3:26 – 29:
- For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
- For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
- There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
- Even if you are or were the biggest sinner, if you are poor or rich; educated or not;
- And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
And Abraham was blessed because of his faith!
WOW: Praise the Lord!
- God still has the choice how He wants to bless you and with what!
- But where is your focus?
- On the blessing or the ONE who gives it?
In a nutshell: Eph 1:3 – 14 (KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Eph 1:8 Wherein he hath abounded (oorvloedig) toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory;
This Blessing of God – has two sides:
1. For yourself and your family:
- For salvation and healing
- For a new life and even abundance (John 10:10)
- Psa 24:1-5 in verse three another translation says that we will carry away the blessings of the Lord.
- It speaks of abundance and it is for free;
- The righteousness of Christ also means it makes us blameless and innocent again.
2. Also for other people around you!
- When you are blessed in Christ – you transfer blessings!
Have you ever noticed when entering a shop and then see there are no other customers in the shop? You are the only one! And then very soon the customers would come piling in to do business where your are. David called out and said: “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. ( Psa 23:6); Test it for yourself to see how much blessings you carry and transfer to other people .
When Joseph was sold by his brothers, he was eventually uplifted by God to be second in command in the house of Pharaoh. “From the time that he made him overseer in his house and over all that he had the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; the blessing of the LORD was on all that he had, in house and field. (Gen 39:5 )
What is important to note from the above scripture, is that God made sure the name of Joseph is mentioned in this verse, but he only talks about the “Egyptian”. His name is not important, but the names of God’s children are important to Him. Our names are inscribed on the palms of His hands.
So, you are blessed to be a blessing. Transfer the blessings to your workplace, your home, your church, family and everywhere you go. Let the light and fragrance of Jesus be evident in your life! Be a blessing as you are blessed!