Yesterday we began fasting from the thought, “It’s not fair. God’s not fair.”
There was much more that I wanted to give you to empower you over this wrong way of thinking, so I continue today.
Our concept of God shapes how we view ourselves, our life, and those around us. A wrong concept of God also shapes our expectations. If we believe He is weak, then we will not expect His power in our lives. If we believe He is distant and uncaring, then we will not expect His intervention in our time of need.
When you discover what He is really like, you become invincible. Daniel 11:32 declares, “Those who KNOW their God shall be strong and do exploits.” When you see Him for who He is, you realize there is nothing He wouldn’t do for you. You realize that when life isn’t fair, God is still good, and He knows how to make up for whatever wrong has been done by you or against you.
Let’s continue to obliterate the thought that says “it’s not fair.” And let’s believe in a God who knows how to RIGHT every WRONG!
1. Believe in the God of restoration. Joel 2:23-25 says, “I will restore to you the years that have been eaten.” No matter how unfair life has been to you, God is in the restoration business. He will make up to you for lost time, if you believe this promise. Get this in your thinking: He will restore YEARS!
2. Meditate on Psalm 23:6 which says, “Surely goodness and mercy to FOLLOW you all the days of your life. Think on this word: SURELY. It leaves no doubt; no question. IT WILL HAPPEN.
3. See things through the eyes of eternity. (Colossians 3:1-4) In Luke 21:1-4, the rich Pharisees seemingly gave more money; but from God’s point of view, the widow gave more than all of them, because she gave all she had to live on. She saw eternity. She is being rewarded in heaven. The poem goes: “Only one life will soon be past—only what’s done for Christ will last.” Live with eternal purpose. Measure your choices by how they will affect eternity, and how important they are to heaven. The rest of the poem goes: “And when I’m dying, how happy I’ll be, if the lamp of my life has burned out FOR THEE.”
4. Realize misfortune and disappointment don’t have control over you. It’s how you respond to these things that determine the outcome of your life—both here on earth and in eternity.
5. FOCUS on the good God has done in your life. (Psalm 103:1-5) RECOGNIZE what you’ve been given is a gift to serve others with. 1 Peter 4:10. Use what God has done in your life to bring others to a higher place in God.
6. Promotion comes from above. (Psalm 75:7) No matter how far down life has tried to put you; no matter how far down the devil has tried to push you, God is the God of promotion. He will raise you up, if you trust Him. He will exalt you, as you humble yourself. It’s pride—to accept defeat. Humility accepts what God says. (James 1:21) Expect to be raised up above the unfair treatment this life brings.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I believe in the God of restoration. He will restore to me all the years that have been destroyed in my life, by the devil, by how I’ve been treated, and by my bad decisions. I expect goodness and mercy to follow me ALL the days of my life. It will SURELY happen. I choose to live with eternal purpose. What I do for Jesus is what will echo in eternity–that’s how I choose to live. Whatever has happened to me will not control my life. The outcome of my life is determined by the choices I make—and my choices will line up with God’s Word. I expect promotion to come to my life, because I humble myself and receive what God says about me. No matter what this life tries to bring me, God will raise me up above it. He is more than fair. He is more than enough. And when life’s not fair, God more than makes up for it in my life, in Jesus’ name.
The Fast from wrong thinking is a revolutionary approach to identify and conquer thought patterns, mindsets and mentalities at work to defeat you. Over 50,000 people have joined. You can find archives and videos at
fromtheinsideout.us that will further help change you from the inside out built on the foundation of God’s Word