Today we are fasting from the thought: “I must be out of God’s will.” And the thoughts that go with it:
What if I miss God’s will? What if I make the wrong decision?
These are some of the thoughts that punish many people; that produce doubt, uncertainty and fear in us–almost becoming self-fulfilling prophecies leading us to make bad decisions.
Let’s fast from the thought that we are out of the will of God or that we will probably miss God’s will.
1. Put first things first. God’s “will” is His Word. (“Testament” means “will”) It’s not a mystery. If you left a “will” for your loved ones, it would focus on what you are doing for them, rather than what they need to do for you (Of course, you would be dead!). FOCUS ON WHAT GOD HAS DONE. Read the “will” or the “testament”, as if it were listing what NOW belongs to you since Jesus died and rose again. (Hebrews 9:14-20)
2. The “will” of God begins with a “state of being” not a “state of doing.” What I mean by this is: since our foundational scripture is “As a man thinks, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7), our focus should be on what God said we ARE, and what God said we HAVE. Then, that will produce what God wants us to DO. When you know you ARE what God says you are, and you HAVE what God says you have, then you will DO the will of God. The right decisions will be the byproduct of the right thinking.
3. As you fill your heart up with the Word of God, He will lead you safely into His will! Psalm 119:9-11 says, “I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not SIN against Thee.” “Sin” = missing the mark. You won’t MISS the “will” or the mark when you hide the Word in your heart!
4. The “will” of God is activated in our life through the giving of thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In everything give thanks, for this is the WILL OF GOD for you, in Christ Jesus.” Notice, He doesn’t say “give thanks FOR everything,” but rather: “give thanks IN everything.” No matter what you are facing right now—the will of God is to give thanks, IN the midst of it. By thanks and praise CONTINUALLY, we are infesting our situation with the presence and possibilities of God’s power!
5. The will of God is bigger and broader than most people think. At a large airport, there are several runways that a plane can land on, safely, arriving at its destination. Get rid of the mindset that there’s only one runway and you might miss it and crash! There are several runways in the will of God, and therefore many options that are equally acceptable and approved by God.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I am not going to miss God’s will for my life! His Word is His Will, and I accept and embrace His Word as the cornerstone of my life.
I AM what God’s Word says I am. And I HAVE what God’s Word says I have. I have a covenant with God, and knowing that will lead me into the right decisions for my life. He will keep me in His Will, as I keep His Word in my heart.
I choose a life of thanks and praise which puts me in the middle of God’s will, AND brings God’s will into the middle of my situation, infesting my surroundings with God’s presence and God’s power! In Jesus’ Name!
The Fast from wrong thinking is a revolutionary approach to identify and conquer thought patterns, mindsets and mentalities at work to defeat you. Over 50,000 people have joined. You can find archives and videos at fromtheinsideout.us that will further help change you from the inside out built on the foundation of God’s Word