On the morning of 22 September 2019 during my prayer time, I asked the Lord that I want to rededicate my heart entirely to Him.
I decided to search the thesaurus to understand the meaning of the word ‘dedication’ and every word that it presents. Well, well! What a shocking revelation! Here is a short overview as well on the meaning of each word:
- Dedication – the quality of being dedicated or committed to a task or purpose.
- Devotion – love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person or activity.
- Commitment – the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.
- Keenness – the quality of being eager or enthusiastic; eagerness.
- Perseverance – in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
- Allegiance – loyalty or commitment to a superior or a group or cause.
- Loyalty – the quality of being loyal.
- Staunchness – the fact or quality of being strongly loyal in supporting a person, organization, or set of beliefs or opinions.
- Ardour – great enthusiasm or passion.
- Devotedness – feeling or displaying strong affection or attachment; ardent.
After reading the meaning of each word it felt like I’m failing the Lord. What is dedication to God worth for you?
During the past years, I have diarized all the awesome times that I have had encounters with the Lord during my prayer time (alone time with God), and one of them was on an early morning in my office on 18 December 2017. I received a Scripture, and, on that day, I also recommitted myself to God. The Scripture is Psalms 27: 8-9 (KJV) “When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.”
Today I want to commit myself again with that same prayer as a reminder. Won’t you personalise this prayer and proclaim this over your life? You need to pray and take deep breaths with each sentence:
o I breathe You in my Lord (take a deep breath), and I’m telling my heart that the Lord is my God.
o I breathe You in my Lord (take a deep breath), and I’m telling my organs that the Lord is my God.
o I breathe You in my Lord (take a deep breath), and I’m telling my brain that the Lord is my God.
o I breathe You in my Lord (take a deep breath), and I’m telling my blood that flow through my veins that the Lord is my God.
o I breathe You in my Lord (take a deep breath), and I’m telling every type of illness in my body, that the Lord is my God, and that you will go (breath/blow it out) and that the sickness leaves my body now!
My testimony on the day of 18 December 2017 was that, I experienced the presence of God so intensely, and I could smell the clean fresh sea-air and felt the sea and its beauty around me. FREEDOM AND CALM!
Lord in the book of Job the passage read that the spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. Thank you for Your breath of life. Help us to be dedicated to You, that we do introspection in our lives on each word and reflect on the meaning of every word as described above. May we start with the basics again by reading our Bible and pray every day.