Today we’re fasting from the granddaddy of all wrong thinking: “I’m afraid.”
Fear is at the root of just about every negative thing that happens in our lives. We’re afraid of failing, afraid of being alone, or rejected; afraid of running out of money; afraid that people will let us down; that we won’t find a spouse, or a job; and the list goes on and on. All fear is rooted in the core belief that God’s Word won’t work. For example, the fear of not having enough is rooted in the fear that Philippians 4:19 isn’t true. If you believe that “God will supply all your needs according to His riches…” then fear leaves.
Let’s fast from the thought “I’m afraid.”
1. Meditate on the fact that God’s Word is true. In John 17:17 Jesus said, “Thy Word is truth.” What God says is fact—whether you feel it, whether you see it, whether you have ever experienced it.
2. Consider God’s track record. 1 Kings 8:56 says, “Thanks be to the Lord. He has given rest to His people Israel. He has done all that He promised. Every word has come true of all His good promise, which He promised…” (New Life Version). He has done all that He has promised. He has never failed. Fear leaves when you can rely on something that can’t fail. There are over 1000 predictions or prophecies in the Bible—promises that God made before they happened. The chances of merely 17 of these coming to pass is ONE out of 450 billion x 1 billion x 1 trillion! Yet, not one of these 1000 promised have failed. In fact, to this day, 668 of them have already been fulfilled. What does that tell us? God keeps His Word.
3. Accept the truth that what we fear comes upon us. In Job 3:25 Job feared that his children would curse God, and that’s what happened. When you realize fear has the power to produce negative results, you stop dabbling in it. When a child learns what fire can do, he no longer plays with matches!
4. Perfect love casts out fear…1 John 4:18. Flood your mind with thoughts of love—God’s love for you, what He was willing to do to rescue you. If He would die for you, while you were in sin, separated from God; what wouldn’t He do for you? There’s just nothing He wouldn’t do for you! Think on that, and fear will leave.
5. There is a promise, from God’s Word, for every need you will ever experience. In fact there are over 7000 promises in the Bible. That’s 7000 solutions to life’s problems! For example, there is a promise of protection in Psalm 91:1-12, which delivers you from the fear of tragedy.
6. Pause and think about the fact that God is with you. Psalm 23:4 says, “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil—for YOU ARE WITH ME.” God’s presence is the secret to a fear-free life. All fear ultimately is a sense of God’s absence, or our separation from God. By contrast, a sense of God’s presence delivers us from fear. Hebrews 10:19 says we enter the holy place of His presence by the blood of Jesus. YOU ARE IN HIS PRESENCE, NOW—therefore fear not!
THINK IT & SAY IT…
God’s Word is true, whether I feel it or not. He has kept all of His promises, and has never failed. Fear leaves me because I rely on something that can’t fail—His promises.
What I fear comes upon me, therefore I will fear ONLY GOD, and He will come upon me! God loves me perfectly, and I will not think otherwise, no matter what!
God has made 7000 promises to me, because He knows we need them! God is with me, and therefore I will fear no evil, in Jesus’ Name!
God has not give you a spirit of fear, but power love and a sound mind,
The Fast from wrong thinking is a revolutionary approach to identify and conquer thought patterns, mindsets and mentalities at work to defeat you. Over 50,000 people have joined. You can find archives and videos at fromtheinsideout.us that will further help change you from the inside out built on the foundation of God’s Word