Today we are fasting from the thought that says: “I can’t believe this is happening to me!”
When we think this way, we become victims. The devil wants you to live in shock. He wants you to be stopped by the “paralysis of analysis.” Folks, every one of us has experienced adversity, trials—a sickness, a sudden break up, a job loss, etc. In John 16:33, Jesus said, in this world, you’ll have tribulation…but, He went on to say (the key to overcoming this way of thinking)…
1. TAKE COURAGE—How? Realize that He has overcome the world. See yourself as an overcomer—Romans 8:37 says you are more than a conqueror!
2. Stop letting life “happen” to you. And begin to start happening to life. The violent take the kingdom by force. (Matthew 11:12) Force your faith upon the things that happen to you. Force your victory on your trial.
3. Confront life. Stop reacting to it, and get after it!
2 Corinthians 8:1-2…they overcame their great trial of afflictions with an abundance of joy. Confront trials with joy. They also overcame lack with generosity. Confront lack with giving. It will change!
4. Focus on what’s happening IN YOU, rather than TO YOU. Jesus could calm the storm AROUND Him, because He had peace and calm WITHIN Him. Paul said, “We are troubled on every side, but not distressed…” (2 Corinthians 4:8) Pressure may come from the outside, but remain fixed on God’s Word on the inside. You will come out of every storm!
5. Remember the power you have in your hand. Your seeds determine your future. (Galatians 6:7-8) You can change what happens to you, by changing the seed you sow. For example, sow the seed of treating others right, and you will reap the harvest of good treatment yourself. Sow the seed of giving, and you will reap the harvest of receiving.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I take courage today, because Jesus has overcome the world; therefore I have overcome the world. As He is, so are we in this world! I will no longer be a victim of life, but a victor OVER life. I will happen TO life, rather than the other way around!
I will force my faith upon the things that happen to me, and they will be change. I confront trials with joy. I develop peace within, by believing God’s Word, no matter what is happening on the outside. I have the power to change my future, by the seeds I sow. What happens to me will be transformed by what happens IN me, in Jesus’ Name!
In His Love,
The Fast from wrong thinking is a revolutionary approach to identify and conquer thought patterns, mindsets and mentalities at work to defeat you. Over 50,000 people have joined. You can find archives and videos at fromtheinsideout.us that will further help change you from the inside out built on the foundation of God’s Word