Today we are fasting from the thought: “Will I ever win this battle?”
Perhaps you’re battling depression, an addiction, or fear. Perhaps it’s a sickness or pain. Regardless of what it is, here is the key to your victory, as we take this thought captive:
1. YOU’VE ALREADY WON! Jesus’ declaration on the cross sums it up: “It is finished.” (John 19:30) What was finished? The battle against the power of sin and the devil.
2. Ask God to open the eyes of your heart. (Ephesians 1:18-19) You must look at life from God’s point of view. In 2 Kings 6, when Elisha was surrounded by enemy armies, his servant became afraid and said, ‘we’re surrounded, what should we do?’ Elisha didn’t pray for more angels. He prayed: “Lord, open the eyes of my servant, that he would see there are more for us than those against us.”
(2 Kings 6:17) Suddenly, he saw chariots of fire and a host of angels surrounding their enemies! The battle was already won.
3. Believe you have it! In Mark 11:24, Jesus said, “That’s why I tell you to have faith that you have already received whatever you pray for, and it will be yours.” That’s power this world can’t give you and money can’t buy! Remember 1 Peter 2:24 “…with His stripes you WERE healed.” Notice, God speaks to us in past tense. It’s already yours!
4. ONLY BELIEVE. Stick to what God told you to do! John 6:29 says, ‘This is our work: TO BELIEVE.’ In other words, BEFORE you pray for rain, bring your umbrella! Expect it to happen. Remember, it’s “the good fight of faith.” (1 Timothy 6:12) Our job is to believe. Our battle is to believe what God has done, and what is already ours. 2 Chronicles 20:15 says the battle is not yours, but God’s.
5. Praise God that you HAVE the victory. In 2 Chronicles 20:22 it says, “As they began to sing and praise the Lord, the Lord sent ambushes and their enemies were defeated.”
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I already have the victory in my life. Jesus has already won my battles for me. My fight is to believe. I refuse to stop believing. I walk by faith and not by sight. I’m the head and not the tail. There are ALREADY more for me than those against me.
I cast my care and trouble on God. He is fighting for me. He is interceding for me right now! I rejoice in the midst of my battles, no matter what things look like. I choose to praise God, in Jesus’ Name!
The Fast from wrong thinking is a revolutionary approach to identify and conquer thought patterns, mindsets and mentalities at work to defeat you. Over 50,000 people have joined. You can find archives and videos at fromtheinsideout.us that will further help change you from the inside out built on the foundation of God’s Word