Today we’re fasting from thinking: “What might have been.” So often we allow thoughts of regret to paralyze us from a happy and victorious present and future. Today we get rid of the “woulda, shoulda, coulda” mentality. (I shoulda gone to college; I coulda made it, if I had the right breaks; I woulda succeeded if someone would have given me a break…” No more!
1. Forget what might have been, and look forward to what CAN BE. Faith in the possibilities of God extinguishes regret. Ephesians 6:16—the shield of faith quenches all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
2. Meditate on Philippians 3:13-14 which says, “…this one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind, reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal…” Notice 3 words: forgetting, reaching, pressing. Forgetting means: forego what you can’t get back. Don’t hold on to your regrets. Give them to God.
3. Recognize God has something better for you. Hebrews 11:40 says, “God has something better for us.” Expect it. Look forward to it.
4. Take charge of what CAN BE with your words. Job 22:28 says, “You shall decree a thing, and it shall be established to you…”
5. Just Do It. Start doing, today, what you should have done yesterday (provided it’s godly!) It’s never too late! Psalm 118:24 says THIS IS THE DAY the Lord has made—let us rejoice—take ACTION. Daniel 11:32 says, “Those who know their God will be strong and TAKE ACTION, DO EXPLOITS…”
THINK IT & SAY IT:
Today I give up the ‘woulda, shoulda, coulda’ mentality. I will not ask ‘what might have been.’ I’ll declare what is and what will be with my words. I forget what lies behind and refuse to look back anymore at what I missed out on or could have had. God has something better for me today, and I accept it, take action toward it, and expect the greatest days of my life, ahead—in Jesus’ Name.
The Fast from wrong thinking is a revolutionary approach to identify and conquer thought patterns, mindsets and mentalities at work to defeat you. Over 50,000 people have joined. You can find archives and videos at fromtheinsideout.us that will further help change you from the inside out built on the foundation of God’s Word