All course programs (Certificate; Diploma; B.Th.-degree and up to Doctorate) are accredited through a University in the USA Virgin Islands. The University passed the accrediting test of one of the fastest growing accrediting agencies in the country – the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions (A.A.A.T.I) and recently also registered with the Theological Accrediting International (T.A.I) All certificates and degrees are approved and conferred upon students by the University itself and then awarded in South Africa through an applicable graduation celebration.
The principle of accreditation is to:
- Certify that a training college has met the established quality standards;
- Assist prospective students in identifying authentic institutions which offer degree programs that will meet their needs and goals;
- Allow institutions to evaluate the acceptability of transfer credits into their own curriculum programs.
In South Africa, the accreditation of universities and Bible Colleges is a voluntary process with accreditation granted by private and non-governmental agencies, whereas the Governmental agencies do not provide theological or ministry accreditation. However, SAQA accreditation is available on some subjects, but this process will increase the course program fees substantially.
Our accreditation with the USA University is a religious accreditation, rather than secular – voluntary, rather than mandatory since the people who work in the ministry field do not require a government accredited degree or from a secular institution. This non-recognition may have some implications that include, but are not limited to:
- This accreditation could not be accepted by some secular organizations, as A.A.A.T.I. and the T.A.I are not recognized by the U.S. or South African Department of Higher Education as one of the official accrediting agencies.
- The University and BinaH Advanced Bible College is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees in other postsecondary institutions, except those also accredited by A.A.A.T.I. and T.A.I
- Corporations are not required to recognize degrees from the USA University and the University is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees for employment.
Our curriculum will exceed the requirements established by many private, independent and professional associations. Various accredited Christian Universities and Bible Colleges throughout South Africa and even the USA may accept transfer students, credits and degrees, however, the transferability of credits earned at BinaH Advanced Bible College through the University and transferred to another institution, is solely at the discretion of the receiving institution.