God did not leave us in the dark concerning His purpose and will with man. Through the ages He gave direct instructions in regard with:
- Noah – how to build the Ark (specific measurements and material to be used)
- Moses – building of the Tabernacle
- His 10 commandments to His people to separate them from all other nations
- The seven feasts for Israel which all pointed to Christ and eventually the Church
- His final plan of Salvation and Redemption through Jesus Christ.
God stipulated exactly when the specific feasts had to be kept and by whom and when and where. Therefore, we see with the Feast of Tabernacles
, that it was to be held on the 15th day
in the seventh month
and for 7 days
. These numbers do have a specific meaning in the Word of God, such as:
- 7 = Completeness and perfection
- 15 = Rest
But the Feast of Tabernacles is also the only feast that had an eighth day
Specific Note: See also my note on the book “Arithmetic of God” written by Don Kistler. God revealed the meaning of each number in the Word of God to him and it completely testifies that the Word of God is the truth.
- And eight stands for New Beginnings.
The purpose of the Feast was to remind the nation of Israel:
- Of their deliverance from Egypt
- That they stayed in huts (succah’s) in the wilderness
- That God provided for them in all their needs
- And He brought them into the Promised land
But the Feast also had another meaning and purpose. It was also to commemorate the end of the harvest period where the people would go into a period of rest (therefore the 15th
day), and the winter period is now on hand where they (more…)